Whilst pregnant with my first child I experienced the benefits of reflexology and I loved every minute of it! So rather than return to my position of Marketing Manager for a communications company I trained with the International Institute of Reflexology (IIR) and passed my IIR Diploma in Reflexology in London (one year course).
The IIR have been teaching for over 70 years to the highest professional standards and the Original Ingham Method techniques are taught only by tutors licensed by the IIR to ensure authenticity is maintained.
Other Training Courses
- Mindful Reflexology (trained by Sally Earlam). Reflexology has been shown to aid relaxation and improve wellbeing. This course has given me extra techniques and sequences that can be used to help support the body systems in these difficult times.
- Indian Head Massage (trained by Louise Keet).
- In March and September 2014 I took part in a four day course in London specialising in Reproflexology (reflexology for fertility) which was amazing! Barbara Scott our tutor was able to impart so much of her knowledge. I completed the next two day course in September 2014 and officially trained in Reproflexology. Please contact me if you are interested in learning further details about this. Please refer to my 'Fertility Reflexology' page for further details.
- In March 2015 I took part in a two day 'Conception and Maternity' course with Sally Earlam. The knowledge imparted was amazing with a whole day of practical hands on reflexology! My clients are already benefiting from this amazing course!
- In 2017 I took part in Ziggie Bergmans Facial Reflexology course which has produced amazing results for my clients! As the facial reflexes are so near to the brain the body relaxes so quickly! One of my clients fell asleep within 9 minutes of me starting the treatment.
- In February 2019 I took part in a one day Acupressure Facial Therapy course in London. I have now learnt to not only focus on acupressure point work on the face but also release muscular and facial structures. The skin, muscles and fascia of the face have a unique structure to allow us to express ourselves intellectually and emotional. We therefore hold a huge amount of tension and stress in our facial structure and this treatment allows me to deeply relax the nervous system and promote rejuvenation of the facial structure on my clients.
- In September 2019 I took part in a one day course entitled 'Power Reflexology'. I have received some super positive feedback from clients who have experienced positive health benefits from having a treatment with me.
- In June 2020 I took part in RLD (Reflexology Lymph Drainage) course - I was taught an award winning reflexology technique by Sally Kay which focuses on stimulating the lymphatic reflexes on the feet. The aim is to stimulate the function of the lymphatic system and drain excess lymph from the damaged area using a unique sequence. This technique can be used to help with conditions other than lymphoedema including; arthritis, asthma, eczema, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, ME, sinus problems. migraines. headaches, muscular tension, aches and pains and pre-menstrual syndrome. On 20th August 2020 I received my certificate to confirm I passed my case study!!! What is incredible is that a client suffering from oedema couldn't believe she had to tighten the strap on her shoes on leaving my treatment room as her feet had shrunk during the treatment. The result was instant! This side of my business is really starting to take off!
- In September 2020 I took part in a Louise Keet course in London entitled 'Spinal Reflexology'. You always hope that a course will make a difference to your clients well-being and this certainly didn't disappointed! By working down the spinal reflexes it allows me to target the organs and glands associated with that area. For example by working the cervical 1 reflex it can help with; headaches, insomnia, high blood pressure, chronic tiredness and dizziness. Conditions such frozen shoulder enable me to target where the cause may be on the spinal reflex(s) rather than just working on the shoulder.
- In February 2021 I took part in a course entitled 'Post Recovery Care Course' and I already know my new skills will make a difference to my clients! Post Recovery Care is a term designed to apply to acute and chronic imbalances where symptoms continue afterwards.
It can be applied to many situations including:
- Post viral recovery - including Covid-19
- Post-operative recovery
- Post chemotherapy and/or radiation
- Post pregnancy
- Chronic fatigue (short or long term)
- Any post recovery situation (from a common cold through to major injuries and disease)
- Acute and chronic conditions
I am very passionate about the well-being of my clients and have a very relaxing treatment room in Basingstoke (8 Meadow Road, Basingstoke, RG21 3LL). In the winter my room is well heated with a fleece lined couch and a lovely warm blanket. In the summer my double doors are open allowing the fresh air to come in! However if it is too hot I do have an air conditioning unit.
As a member of the Association of Reflexologists (AOR) and International Institute of Reflexologists (IIR) I am committed to ensuring I practice to the highest standards. Please note that I am also fully insured.
Reflexology can assist with fertility, maternity, sleep issues, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia to name but a few and of course general well-being.